Oct. 20th, 2021
09:00 Registration and Welcome Coffee
10:00 Opening Remarks
- Mrs. Mia Jensen, Greek Director, Marine Money International
10:10 Shipping Prospects are stronger than for a decade: the new responsibilities of shipping
Most market sectors are strong and look like they will be like that for a while. Most companies, listed and private, have performed well and there is scope for more. How to get the timing right, be ahead of the crowd, assess the risk early on and optimize your finance? Some of the secrets of success.
- Dr. John Coustas, President & CEO, Danaos Corporation
- Dr. Sadan Kaptanoglu, Immediate Past President, BIMCO
- Dr. Nikolas Tsakos , CEO, TEN Ltd (invited)
- Mr. Harris Antoniou, Managing Director, Neptune Maritime Leasing Ltd
10:45 Dry Bulk Frenzy – How long and how high?
The supply side of the dry bulk equation has not been so good for a decade and owners are hesitant to order because of the new fuel debate. Demand seems to be strong despite or in spite of COVID-19. Is this the start of a new dry bulk super cycle?
- Mr. Stamatis Tsantanis, CEO, Seanergy
- Mr. Simos Pariaros, Chief Administrative Officer, Eurodry Ltd and Euroseas Ltd
- Mr. Nicos Rescos, Chief Operating Officer, Star Bulk Carriers Corp
- Mrs. Eva Tzima, Head of Research & Valuations, Seaborne Shipbrokers S.A.
11:20 Captains of Industry: Angeliki Frangou
a scion of a family shipping tradition, has devoted her lifetime to shipping, initially running a private shipping company and for the past 16 years heading up the NY listed Navios shipping group. Recently, Navios Maritime Partners L.P. (“NMM”) agreed to merge with Navios Acquisition Corporation (“NNA”) creating a fleet of about 140 vessels. With this transaction, NMM has about one-third of its fleet in each of dry, containers, and tankers. This merger creates scale and unique diversification, which should attract both buyers and sellers, while giving management the most optionality in its business from operations. The endgame is the creation of a diversified platform attractive to a broader set of investors seeking exposure to a global economy.
- Mrs. Angeliki Frangou, Founder, Chairwoman and CEO of the Navios Group
- Mr. Omar Nokta, Managing Director – Head of US Securities, Clarksons Platou
11:45 Coffee Break
12:15 Market outlook across the main sectors
12:30 Is Chinese leasing still a mainstay for Greek shipowners?
Do the Chinese lease companies remain active in Greek shipping? What are major trends and what is the client profile for new deals?
- Mr. Channing Wang, Regional Manager, Bocomm Shipping Leasing (Europe) GmbH
- Mrs. Astero Kampisiou, Director, NorthCape
12:50 The Greek Ship Finance Landscape in the years ahead
Greek shipping spans large and small fleets, old and young vessels. A diversified ship finance market, including direct lending, leasing and capital raising is beneficial for Greek owners who will be able to access financing throughout the shipping cycle. Will commercial banks remain the mainstay? Will lease structures and alternative finance become increasingly important? Will the green green aspect impact finance for older ships?
- Mr. Robbert Jan Sougé, Managing Director, Direct Ship Finance
- Mr. Elias Sakellis, Chief Executive Officer, Australis Maritime
- Mr. Iraklis Tsirigotis, Director Origination, Neptune Maritime Leasing Ltd
- Mr. Stefanos Frangos, Senior Representative, YieldStreet Marine Finance
- Mr. Omer Donnerstein, Managing Director, EnTrust Global
- Mr. George Paleokrassas, Partner and co-Global Shipping Head, Watson Farley and Williams
13:30 Lunch co-hosted by TEN Limited
14:30 Share prices of certain shipping companies have steamed ahead. Will this lead to active capital market activity? Are investors taking the shipping bait again?
- Mr. James Cirenza, Managing Director, DNB Markets
- Mr. Simos Spyrou, co-Chief Financial Officer, Star Bulk Carriers Corp.
- Mr. Aristides Pittas, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Euroseas Ltd and Eurodry Ltd
- Mr. Harrys Kosmatos, Corporate Development Officer, Tsakos Energy Navigation, Ltd.
- Mr. Anthony Argyropoulos, Chief Financial Officer, Performance Shipping
- Mr. Robert Lustrin, Counsel, Transportation Industry Group, ReedSmith LLP
15:15 Deloitte ESG Greek Survey Results
- Mr. Elias Makris, Partner, Shipping & Ports Group, Deloitte
15:30 Greek Shipping Staying Ahead
Most Greek shipping companies are well placed to benefit from strong markets now and in the short term. Will excess profits be ploughed into new investments, used to reduce debt or returned to shareholders. Will it be used for investment in new fuels and technology? How will Greek shipping handle the demands of ESG in the next decade?
- Mr. Evangelos Chatzis, CFO, Danaos Corporation
- Mrs. Katerina Stathopoulou, Executive Director, Investments & Finance
16:30 Cocktail Closing Reception co-hosted by IRI / The Marshall Islands Registry